Social Services outreach continues northern regions this month
The month of November will see the persons from north Trinidad benefitting from exposure to information on the various grants, programmes and services offered by the Government of Trinidad and Tobago as the Social Outreach and Impact Caravan makes its stop at communities in Port of Spain and environs. Persons will receive information from twenty-five agencies comprising those from the public sector; and from civil society organisations. The aim of the Social Outreach and Impact Caravan is to visit far-reaching communities, to bring social services to their doorsteps. In particular, the Caravan targets recently retrenched persons, unemployed and vulnerable youths, persons living in poverty and those who are experiencing challenging economic circumstances.
Among other things, the Caravan offers opportunities for food support, unemployment relief, sensitization on financial management, training and retraining as well as psychosocial support.
Residents of Morvant and Beetham have already benefited from the Caravan. This week, the Caravan makes its way to Barataria and the Matelot Communities. Next week the Caravan goes to Balnchchuesse and Patna Village, Diego Martin
The full schedule for the month of November are:
- Mayaro Civic Centre - 8th November, 2019
- Morvant TTFS Compound - 13th November, 2019
- Beetham Community Centre - 15th November, 2019
- Barataria Community Centre – 20th November, 2019
- Grande Riviere Community Centre – 22nd November, 2019
- Patna/ River Estate Community Centre – 27th November, 2019
- Blanchisseuse Community Centre – 29th Novmber, 2019
Here are some highlights from the Caravans held in November so far.