Planning Ministry Launches i2i: idea 2 innovation Programme 2015
January 15, 2015: Representatives of the media are invited to cover the launch of the i2i: idea 2 innovation Programme 2015 on Thursday 15th January 2015 from 5:30 PM at HOME, 6 Scott Street, St Clair. Minister of Planning and Sustainable Development, Dr. the Honourable Bhoendradatt Tewarie will be on hand to officially launch the project to the media.
The i2i is an initiative of the Council for Competitiveness and Innovation (CCI), a Statutory Board under the Ministry of Planning and Sustainable Development which aims to provide support to entrepreneurs with original business concepts with the potential to deliver new or improved products and services in the Economy. Grant funding from $75,000.00 to $200,000.00 is available for projects that meet the selection criteria.
The i2i is in its 4th year and has created an opportunity for innovators and inventors to submit proposals for innovative projects and creative initiatives and to identify and fund those projects that met stated criteria related to the characterization of innovation related to the Ministry’s lending principles, using the following guidelines:
• The invention of a new product or service, system design, process;
• The improvement of a new product or service;
• A new process of adding value to a Trinidad and Tobago-sourced raw material;
• The products, services or processes should be able to find a market or use in local or export market;
• Project impact, driving social benefit and creation of sustainable, high quality jobs- targeting critical areas of national recovery (renewable energy, health & wellness, food security, creative industries).
In 2012 and 2013, 38 and 27 projects respectively achieved proof of concept some of whom will be highlighted at the launch. To date over 140 projects have received grant funding for entrepreneurial projects and the goal is to increase this number as the i2i moves ahead.
For more information please contact:
Ministry of Planning and Sustainable Development
Level 13 Eric Williams Financial Towers
Port of Spain
(868) 627- 9700