The Honourable Fitzgerald Hinds, MP
The Honorable Fitzgerald Hinds was appointed Minister of Youth Development and National Service on August 19, 2020.
On Monday September 7, 2015 Mr. Fitzgerald Ethelbert Hinds was re-elected to the House of Representatives as the Member of Parliament for Laventille West in the 11th Parliament.
Mr. Hinds was first elected to the House of Representatives in 1995, and served for 12 years as the Member for Laventille East/Morvant. An attorney-at-law by profession, Mr. Hinds served in Opposition between 1995 and 2001. During the 8th Republican Parliament, Mr. Hinds served as Minister of State in the Ministry of National Security.
Mr. Hinds also served as an Opposition Senator in the 10th Parliament.
The House of Representatives - Friday December 8, 1995
Motion - Take Note of the 17th Annual Report of the Ombudsman
- Minister of Youth Development and National Service 19 August 2020 to present
Minister of Public Utilities18 May 2020 to present
Minister in the Ministry of Attorney General and Legal Affairs
29 June, 2017 - Present
Minister of Public Utilities
31 October, 2016 - June 28, 2017
- Minister of Works and Transport11 September, 2015 - 30 October, 2016
- Opposition Senator (Temporary)10 December, 2013 - 31 March, 2015
- Opposition Senator18 June, 2010 - 3 December, 2013
- Minister of State in the Ministry of National Security and in the Ministry of Trade and Industry1 June, 2004 - 7 November, 2007
- Government Member17 October, 2002 - 31 May, 2004
- Minister of State in the Ministry of Public Administration and Information28 December, 2001 - 9 October, 2002
- Opposition Member12 January, 2001 - 9 October, 2001
- Opposition Member27 November, 1995 - 3 November, 2000
Ministry of Youth Development and National Service • Trinidad and Tobago